What is the state of your organization or team? Are you feeling energized, engaged and motivated at work? Do you feel you are thriving or just surviving?
As a coach and consultant I work with individuals and teams to create healthy and vibrant workplace cultures, and over the years I’ve noticed that many of us only bring half (or much less) of our true selves to work. Many of us are exhausted, worn out and depleted by:
- Ever increasing demands,
- Office politics,
- Inflexible work schedules,
- Ineffective leadership, and
- Needing to show up with a game face on.
We read, share and discuss articles regarding the desire for organizational change however real and lasting change seems elusive. Watch my HR Disrupt Talk and discover what core beliefs need to shift for the future of work to be different.
During the twelve+ years I’ve been doing organizational development work I consistently hear from employees their wants and needs. Often their desires are not more holidays or increases in pay, rather it’s about meeting core human needs.
Employees want to:
- Be treated with dignity and respect
- Make a positive contribution
- Work with and for leaders who they respect
- Be able to show up authentically
- Slow down and have space to think strategically
- Be in an environment that inspires both their hearts and minds
- Feel they matter and appreciated for their contributions
- Be involved and have their voices heard
- Work in a space that works for them and is values based
- Enjoy a deep sense of belonging and purpose
- Bring their life energy to work
- Work in an environment where diversity is valued and promoted
Seems pretty simple, and yet we struggle to consistently create workspaces that honour people’s core needs. So, what’s the answer?
If you are interested in exploring how to create positive and lasting change in your organization bottom-up, bring a Workplace ThinkTank to your team.
What is a Workplace ThinkTank?
A Workplace ThinkTank is a strategic way to create positive and lasting change within your organization. Here is how it works:
- You identify twelve leaders who hold key team leadership roles within your organization.
- For seven months these leaders meet for one half-day per month to discuss challenges facing their teams/organization.
- During these PeopleLead facilitated discussions real time challenges are identified and local solutions generated and implemented.
- Topics to be discussed:
- Session 1: Building Team Trust
- Session 2: Inclusive Leadership
- Session 3: Stakeholder Needs
- Session 4: Leading Change
- Session 5: Conscious Culture
- Session 6: Room to Breathe
- Session 7: Innovation at Work
Expected outcomes for your investment:
- Team leaders who feel empowered to create local and positive change.
- Network of leaders working together to solve systemic organizational challenges.
- Bottom-up approach to consciously creating healthy workplace culture.
- Breakdown of beliefs and biases that keep us stuck in the same old work reality.
- Metrics to show an increase in inclusive leadership attributes and employee engagement.
Contact email@example.com for more information and catalyze real, lasting and positive change within your organization.
Kristan Nielson is the owner and operator of PeopleLead.ca and Zaypo.ca ~ she has provided 20,000+ hours of consulting, training and coaching services to small, medium and big business leaders. Kristan creates connection, asks the hard questions, challenges the status quo, inspires great leadership, and helps organizations and individuals thrive.